Petitgrain Essential Oil
Known as a particularly versatile product, Petitgrain essential oil has been used for centuries in a range of different herbal health practices. It boasts a lot of health benefits and it’s also incredibly aromatic.
Uses: Aromatic, Topical, Internal
Petitgrain essential oil is derived from the twig and leaves of the bitter orange tree. Special process of steam distillation is used in order to draw the oil in its purest form. The resulting substance boasts a range of different health benefits which vary based on the method of usage of your preference. It’s an oil which blends perfectly well with other essences like Eucalyptus, Cinnamon, Geranium, Cassia as well as Lemongrass and all sorts of citrus oils. It is commonly used in the perfume industry thanks to its fresh and slightly herbaceous aroma.
- You can diffuse petitgrain oil to enjoy relaxing and calming aroma.
- Add a few drops to your water or citrus drinks and it may support proper functioning of your digestive, nervous and immune system.
- Add a drop or two on your pillow before going to bed for a nice aromatic sensation.
- It may help you soothe feelings of anxiety if you take it internally.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Diffuse up to 4 drops in a regular diffuser.
Internal use: Add up to a drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Dilute with carrier oil and use no more than two drops on the desired area to prevent skin sensitivity.
Petitgrain essential oil should never be used without the explicit permission of treating physician if you are under certain specific medical supervision. The same applies to you during nursing and pregnancy periods. You should also dilute it with carrier oil at all costs in order to prevent skin irritations and sensitivity. Keep it away from children and make sure that it doesn’t come in touch with your eyes.
- The oil may support proper functioning of your cardiovascular system.
- It may provide additional antioxidant support and healthy immune function.
- It may also promote calm and relaxed good night’s sleep.
Floral, slightly herbaceous and fresh
Twig and leaf
Alpha-terpineol, linalool, linalyl acetate
*The above mentioned statements are not approved or evaluated by the FDA. Therefore, the product is not to be used to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease.