Lemongrass Essential Oil
Being amongst the most popular and demanded oils on the market, Lemongrass is capable of catering to your every need. With refreshing citrusy and herbaceous aroma, the oil brings splendid benefits.
Uses: Aromatic, Topical, Internal
Derived from the leaves of a tall and perennial plant through the process of steam distillation, Lemongrass essential oil has a rather subtle citrus flavor. It’s renowned for the variety of application methods that it boasts. You can use it to flavor your water or to add a pinch of distinctive aroma to your seafood, beef, poultry and fish dishes. Applied topically, lemongrass oil can sooth your muscles after a serious workout session or a long run. This works even better if you combine it with carrier oil. When ingested, the oil may help your overall digestive function. It’s also widely used for the refreshing aroma that it produces.
- Applied topically lemongrass oil can help you relax your muscles after a long run.
- When digested as a capsule, it may support healthy metabolism.
- Diffusing lemongrass will produce a very refreshing and uplifting aroma.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three or four drops in a regular diffuser.
Internal use: Put no more than a drop in every 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Always apply it with carrier oil. Lemongrass oil is powerful and it may cause skin sensitivity.
The oil should not be applied alone – you need to use carrier oil in order to prevent potential skin irritations and sensitivity. Furthermore, if you are undergoing any medical treatment or you are currently nursing or pregnant, you definitely need to consult your treating doctor in advance. Keep it away from smaller children and make sure it doesn’t come in touch with your eyes.
- It may support healthy digestive functioning when you take it as a capsule.
- You can combine it with carrier oil and rub it for a relaxing and soothing massage.
- Apply diluted after a hard workout session to relax your muscles.
Smoky, herbaceous, citrus
*The above mentioned statements are not approved or evaluated by the FDA. Therefore, the product is not to be used to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease.