Lavender Essential Oil
Cherished for over centuries, lavender essential oil is renowned for its unmistakable aroma as well as myriad benefits. With topical, internal and aromatic applications, the oil definitely has a lot to bring on the table.
Uses: Aromatic, Topical, Internal
Renowned as one of the most distinctive essential oils on the market, the history of lavender oil can be traced back to ancient Egypt. It was used for cooking, relaxation, bathing and even as a perfume by ancient Egyptians and Romans. And while the majority of the primary uses persevere, the oil is also used to induce a range of different health benefits. It can help you prevent the appearance of skin blemishes when used topically. At the same time, you can add a few drops to your diffuser and create a brilliant DIY aromatherapy.
- Use it topically if you want to soothe the occasional irritation of your skin.
- Diffusing lavender essential oil will produce tremendously calming and relaxing aroma.
- Take it internally if you want to reduce the feelings of anxiety. This may also help you get better good night’s sleep.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use a common diffuser and put a few drops in it.
Internal use: Dilute no more than a drop in a total of 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Use up to two drops on the designated area. Dilute it with carrier oil in order to minimize skin sensitivity.
Even though lavender essential oil can be used without carrier oil, it’s better if you not risk it – this will help you prevent potential irritations. Always consult your doctor before you use the oil if you are under special medical supervision, pregnant or nursing. You should also make sure that you keep it away from children.
- It has very relaxing aroma and it’s commonly used in aromatherapy.
- It can be used to reduce skin irritations.
- It may help you reduce feelings of anxiety and to promote calm sleep if taken internally.
Light, floral and powdery
Leaf and flower
Linalool, linalyl acetate
*The above mentioned statements are not approved or evaluated by the FDA. Therefore, the product is not to be used to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease.