Geranium Essential Oil
Derived from the edible leaves of the geranium plant, this essential oil comes packed with a range of different benefits. Used to promote healthy-looking skin and hair, it’s the ideal substance for various beauty care products.
Uses: Aromatic, Topical, Internal
Uses of this particular essential oil date back to ancient Egypt. People used to apply it on their skin or use it in aromatherapies to promote an overly healthy and clean appeal. The leaves of the Geranium plant are edible and they are commonly used in a range of different desserts, jellies, teas and cakes. The oil itself is extracted from the flower and the leaves through the process of steam distillation. The plant is one of few members of the Pelargonium genus which are used in the healthcare and beauty care industries. It comes packed with an array of different benefits.
- You can use the essential oil in aromatherapy steam to beautify your skin.
- Diffuse it after a long day of work for a soothing and relaxing effect.
- Apply a drop or two to your shampoo. It’s good for both dry and oily hair and it can promote a glowing appeal.
- Add a few drops to your moisturizer to evoke soothing properties.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Diffuse a few drops in a regular, commercially bought diffuser of your choosing.
Internal use: Dilute a single drop of oil in every 4 fl. oz. of liquid regardless of its kind.
Topical use: Apply a couple of drops to the desired skin area after diluting it with carrier oil.
Diluting with carrier oil is necessary to avoid skin sensitivity and irritation. Make sure to keep it out of reach of smaller children for health considerations. Do not apply the oil to your eyes, inner ears and other overly sensitive areas of your body. Always consult your doctor before using it if you are under special medical supervision or if you are currently pregnant or nursing.
- It’s a natural repellent against different insects.
- It can promote the appearance of healthy and clear looking skin.
- It can give your hair a sparkling and vibrant appeal.
Flora, sweet, dry, herbaceous and green
Flower and leaves
Geraniol, citronellyl formate, citronellol
*The above mentioned statements are not approved or evaluated by the FDA. Therefore, the product is not to be used to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease.