Black Pepper Essential Oil: Piper nigrum
Use in a variety of ways to benefit from its strong antioxidants. The tangy aroma can lift your mood and it can make your food more flavorful.
Uses: Aromatic, Topical, Internal
Black Pepper is native to exotic lands in the Far East. For a time, much of the European spice trade was heavily invested in pepper and fortunes were won and lost based on successfully delivering shipments of the coveted spice. It could help preserve food and it made food taste better. It also was reputed to have many different medicinal qualities. The pepper in your kitchen grinder is only a shadow of this essential oil. The berries of the peppercorn are distilled to produce the oil and it can do so much more than make a great steak au poivre. It is loaded with antioxidants that reduce stress and encourage circulation. It also has a beneficial effect on the digestive tract and can support digestive function.
- It encourages proper digestive function and maintains colon health.
- It provides a relaxing effect on the nervous system when dealing with times of stress.
- The critical antioxidants help limit further damage to our cells from free radicals.
- It can help make food zestier.
- It bolsters your immune system and encourages normal function.
Directions For Use
- Aromatic Use: It can be diffused or inhaled to curb feelings of anxiety and lift your mood.
- Topical Use: Use it for a relaxing and restoring massage.
- Internal Use: One or two drops placed in a vegetable capsule can be ingested daily to boost cellular function and aid digestion.
Due to its stimulating properties, black pepper when applied topically can sometimes cause a reaction for those with sensitive skin. In addition, it should be used sparingly in cooking. Internal overuse of black pepper could cause stomach upset, as it does interact directly with the digestive system.
- Can lift your mood and reduce uneasiness
- Helps support digestive function
- Enhances the flavors of food
Musky, rich, tangy
Caryophyllene, limonene, sabinene
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.