Thyme Essential Oil: Thymus vulgaris
Recognized for centuries for its purifying properties, thyme has many uses beyond the kitchen. Use it in numerous ways to cleanse all parts of your life.
Uses: Aromatic, Topical, Internal
Mediterranean cooking is now acknowledged as one of the healthiest and most flavorful ways to cook. For thousands of years, the people that live around that great sea have cooked with thyme and also used it in their homes to cleanse the air. In Medieval times, some people placed it under their pillows to ward off nightmares and purify their dreams. In some parts of the middle east, an herbal tea made out of thyme is renowned for its beneficial and medicinal properties. It is believed that it can boost the immune system and lessen fatigue. During the Victorian Era, nurses used thyme water to saturate bandages. These nurses knew that patients treated with these bandages had a better chance of healing from their infections.
- The purifying effects support a healthy mouth and help protect against developing common oral problems.
- Apply directly to pulse points or diffuse to keep insects away.
- Support multiple body systems during the winter doldrums including the cardiovascular, nervous, respiratory, circulatory and digestive systems
- Use to alleviate symptoms associated with your period and maintain hormonal balance.
Directions for Use
- Aromatic Use: Use 3 to 4 drops in a diffuser to purify the air and maintain a sense of alertness during the day.
- Topical Use: It is best to use it in a targeted way on problem areas. Always dilute with a carrier oil.
- Internal Use: For internal use place a few drops in a veggie cap or infuse in some hot water to make tea.
It is generally considered to be a safe oil, however, it is strong, so caution is recommended when using topically. Always dilute with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut and use on targeted areas only. Keep out of the reach of children. Women who are pregnant or nursing should consult their doctor before use. Be sure to avoid contact with eyes and other sensitive areas.
- Promotes and benefits oral health
- Is a natural insect repellant
- Offers broad spectrum support for winter health
Earthy, warm, pungent
Thymol, para-cymene, carvacrol
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.